5/5/13

Missionary Challenges

Sometimes I look at other missionaries and think WOW, they are real missionaries. They go without clean water and electricity sometimes, get malaria, have to eat really strange things, and often go without modern conveniences for the sake of the Gospel. People seemingly responsive to the Gospel.

Then I look at myself and our family in Europe, Croatia to be exact. Never had to eat anything remotely scary, always have water and electricity, no malaria, and pretty modern. People here are pretty cold to the Gospel. We don't have the multitudes of children and adults wanting to hear about God who sent His only son to forgive them if their sins.

I know mission fields will look different and present their own challenges definitely. God also equips us differently to do the job we are called to. Maybe I need to stop looking at others and myself and just keep my eyes on Jesus. He is our greatest example.

So... are we wasting our time in Europe? Some may say yes, others say no. As for our family, we say NO! The two years we lived in Northern Croatian we saw 6 Croatians accept Jesus as their Savior. These are results just from the efforts of our family as a part of the church we are in. There have been many more saved and I wish I could tell you that they are all serving somewhere and growing in The Lord.

We are thankful for the few though who desire to learn more and grow. Your prayers are needed for the nation of Croatia. There are still so many who need to hear. Especially very dear friends we made while there. Pray for us as we continue to break down these spiritual walls they have built. I don't know who will continue to try and reach them after we move.

Our family is looking forward to the next phase of ministry in Croatia. We are excited about those who want to come and help us. Keep us in your prayers that we would follow God's leading.



No comments: